Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Week Three

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last night, I had the first of three rehearsals this week. Dean and I learned another step to put in our routine, called the Astaira. It's tricky, but once we get it down, I think it may be my favorite step, yet. Right now, the biggest issue I'm having is remembering to let Dean lead. I think all those years of dancing and performing as a soloist have me wanting to take charge, and that's not the way ballroom dancing works. Dean says it just takes practice to break old habits.

I'm excited to rehearse again, tonight. Hopefully, the steps I've learned will begin to "gel" together. But most of all, I'm excited to see Keith's routine. (He and I are rehearsing at the same time tonight... and up until now he's been super secretive!) Keith's been practicing his dance non-stop for the last two days at the house. Apparently, he's dancing the Tango to "Phantom of the Opera." Last night, I caught him downloading various versions of the song from iTunes. He's so funny. He keeps telling me how he can't wait to show everyone his "Dancing With the Stars-- Mark Ballas" face. I've seen it... and let me tell you, it's a "Must See."

If you're reading this, please come see our performance. We want a packed house so it will raise a lot of money to help Partnership and the Kidney Foundation. Also, don't forget to vote for your favorite dancer!!

I guess that's it for now... I'll try to update tomorrow and give you the skinny on Keith's skills.

Rachel

1 comment:

ThePartnership for Families, Children and Adults said...

The Partnership and Kidney Foundation are so glad you're enjoying your practice sessions! You and Keith are going to be great.